FileHound is a small, but powerful utility that helps you to download files from Internet. The application is able to resume interrupted downloads over HTTP and FTP, but only if the server supports it. FileHound can monitor the clipboard looking for URLs to download. You can download more than one file at the same time and schedule the program to turn the computer off when all downloads are finished.
FileHound has advanced features that you can easily change:
- Internet connection speed. You can select your Internet speed from either a dial up connection or a faster one.
- AntiVirus Check. You can select if FileHound will ask your default antivirus to check automatically the files after they are downloaded, or if you will check them manually.
- Play Sounds. FileHound can play sounds (wav files) every time something happens, like when a file is infected with virus, or when an URL has been copied from the clipboard, etc.
- Passive FTP Transfers. Passive FTP causes the FTP data connection to go outwards instead of inwards. You can tick an option to solve this problem.
- Download Settings. You can limit the number from simultaneous downloads from 2 to 50.